This position provides overall management, planning, vision and leadership as well as oversight of all aspects of Sole City Dance (SCD) including programs, services, finances, resource development, human resources, family services and communications. The ED works with the Board of Trustees to establish and implement policies and programs and is responsible to the Board of Trustees for day-to-day management of all aspects of the operation in fulfillment of SCD’s mission.
- Provide leadership and work with the Board of Trustees to develop and strengthen SCD as an organization following its mission and strategic plan.
- Develop, coordinate, implement, document and evaluate year-round dance program. Which include, but are not limited to Solstice Dance Company, The Nutcracker, Dance Northeast, Soul-to-Sole Dance Concert, and other performance opportunities as they become available.
- Develop and maintain relationships with partners, businesses and families and serve as the lead spokesperson for SCD.
- Oversee all finances and outreach of SCD, leading staff and volunteers and supervising outside contracts and partnerships.
- Position SCD as the regional leader in non-for-profit arts with in dance in the seacoast of New Hampshire and Southern Maine.
- Interested in the big picture, yet willing to take care of the small details.
- Creative, flexible, and able to think on your feet.
- Energized by work in arts education, arts and health in a creative, non-competitive dance environment.
- Experienced in nonprofit management, public relations, program development, education, volunteer coordination, grant writing, financial management and fundraising.
- An articulate communicator with a strong organizational skills and time management and a minimum of 3-year experience in field or related field. A Bachelors’ degree a plus but not required.
- Seeking a full-time, year-round position in Seacoast New Hampshire where you can make a difference in creative artistic expression through dance.
To Apply: Email a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to the Board of Trustees at email@example.com. Questions may be sent to the same email address.
Deadline: April 30, 2018
Hip Hop Instructor for Summer 2018 & Fall 2018
Sole City Dance is seeking a high energy and experienced hip hop teacher for beginner to advanced level dancers (ages 7-18). Ideal candidate will have 3-5 years of teaching experience with various skill levels, some professional dance experience, and choreographic experience for small and large groups. Our ideal candidate is highly supportive while challenging and inspiring students to take their love for dance to the next level. We are looking for a teacher to join our strong group of dance educators, so the ideal candidate should be able to teach the history of hip hop including the cultural connections. Summer availability must include Tuesday and Wednesday evenings. Fall schedule can be discussed at a later date. Salary is based on experience.
To Apply: Email headshot, resume, and video of a current class or choreographic work to firstname.lastname@example.org
Recent College Graduate Job Position: Dance Teacher/ Administrator
Sole City Dance is seeking a dependable and driven recent College graduate to join our team! Our ideal candidate studied dance or dance pedagogy in college and has interest in teaching dance and working at a dance education organization. Additionally, ideal candidates will be the following:
- Self starter, someone who will take the lead and initiative without being told
- Organized, good at multitasking and setting priorities
- Personable yet professional
- Some Accounting/Bookkeeping/Business experience
- Experience with teaching young children
- Eager to learn in a fast paced environment
- Communication skills (phone, emails, and in person)
This position would be part teaching, part administrative that may include some or all of the following responsibilities:
- Young Children, Youth, Teen dance classes (depending on experience, interests & availability)
- After School Arts classes (at the studio and in schools)
- Reception Desk: Handle inquiries/student registrations/payments/attendance, oversee work study parents
- Organizing Parade floats and extra chances to perform like festivals and fairs
- Studio Sleepovers
- Journal Night
- Kindness Week
- Birthday parties
- Organize student to student mentor program
- Help organize intern program
- Summer Camps
Salary commensurate with experience. Opportunity for growth within the organization as well as mentorship for future goals. Additional experience you will gain from this position:
- Working in a collaborative studio environment
- Working in a non-profit environment
- Community Outreach
- Building relationships with students and parents
- Teaching and choreographing with various skill and age levels
Interested candidate should email a teaching philosophy, resume, and headshot to Samantha@solecitydance.org